Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Step by Step Tutorial {GDT} ~Scrap That!~

Hi there!
As I already announced in the end of May I`m guest-designing in June for the Canadian Kit Club "Scrap That!". I thought I`d share with you how I began creating this layout. You can check the other two layouts that I made with their gorgeous June`s kit "Life`s Muse" featuring "Everyday Poetry" from Webster`s Pages -----> HERE.

I love adding personal touches to my layouts. One of them is to hand-stitch and you can find often hand-stitched frames, borders, swirls, circles, etc. on my work.

STEP  1
My very first step was to take a plate fitting on my page and outline a circle. 
Pricked holes and hand-stiched the circle.

STEP  2
My next step consists of 3 small ones ;-)
1. I chose an edge punch appropriate for my design. 
In this case Martha Stewart`s "Vintage Floral" was perfect.
2. I cut out only the florals.
3. Then I adhered them round the edge.

This is how it looks like when finished.
STEP  3
Once I was ready with the circle I began decorating my page.
This is what it looked like before I adhered the photo.
I used again a deep edge Martha Stewart punch for this strip.
N.B. I first fussy cut the flourish and then I punched the border.
STEP  4
I cut part of the circle with the quote so I can insert part of the punched strip.
N.B. Before I placed the photo I matted with pattern papers.
STEP  5
The white big ZVA Tulle flower was treated before it found its place here ;-)
I removed the last layers of petals AND ......
STEP  6
...I adhered them behind the half cut circle with a quote
STEP  7
* I began arranging the flowers.
** Cut out the bling in many parts and "spread" over the page.
*** Decorated with my fussy-cut embellishments

STEP  8
My last step was to add the title :-)

Check the Scrap That! Blog for more inspiration!
Thank you for visiting me and have a creative day!
Hugs,
                                                                         

11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful layout, Thanks so much for sharing with us how you created it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! this is so beautiful and an amazing tutorial really made me feel like I could have a go at this, thank you so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw! Wat een prachtige layout is dit geworden en wat een leuk idee die cirkel!!

    Groetjes Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gerry for your step by step to how this amazingly beautiful layout was created.. It has been made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful indeed Gerry..so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it! what a work with all that circle! but it really adds up:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Gerry! This is awesome! Thanks for the tutorial and inspiration! You really know how to create the most beautiful layouts I´ve ever seen! xo Lari

    ReplyDelete
  8. TFS this awesome tutorial , Gerry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the tutorial! My first thought was "HOW?" ! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome technique! Thank you so much for sharing it with us! And I loved seeing Leanne's first layout with Webster's. She definitely is a 'natuurtalent', with a little bit of help from her talented mom;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat een schitterende lay-out is dit, vooral die kleine vlindertjes zijn heel schattig!!!
    Groetjes Karin Vink-Tolsma

    ReplyDelete