Sunday, June 10, 2012

Something little, sweet and girly ~The Scrap Cake~

Hi there!
It`s Sunday and it`s a ScrapBook Day at The Scrap Cake Blog. Initially I wanted to create a mini scrapbook album with photos but then I saw one of my new Sizzix XL Dies - "Candy Jars" - and I changed my thoughts ;-) - I created something little, sweet and girly for my daughter. She will turn 5 on June 20th and this is something she`ll like a lot - it`s colorful, bright and so girlish.....

And these are my creations - two "candy jars". In the middle is sort of mini-mini ;-) album which belongs to the jar on right side. I used the gorgeous "My Private Happiness" collection.
"My Private Happiness" - paper collection (12"x12")
"My Private Happiness" - paper pad (6"x6")



{IDS 0014} Embellishment 8
{IDB 0006} Train Track border


Viva Decor - Pearl Pen Pink

{657727} Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Candy Jars



I began by cutting all the shapes from corrugated cardboard...
Then I cut the same shapes from the beautiful "My Private Happiness" collection. 
I paid attention which part exactly I want to be cut from the pattern paper.
For the "window" I used an old plastic packaging from Prima Marketing flowers.
And this is the back side ...
For front and back side I used Imaginarium Designs chipboard.
The chippie is a gorgeous embellishment 
which I cut in half so I can use it as a border on both sides.
And now a few close-ups from the other "candy jar" 
- the one I store the mini-mini ;-) album
Instead of placing small photos I used the phrases from the pattern paper.
N.B. I cut them out from the pattern paper pad (6"x6")!
The bottom part was stamped with a flourish from Prima Marketing`s cling mount stamp "Fairy Belle"
....and a few more close-ups....
To prevent from opening I added ribbon (Webster`s Pages) around the mini album. 
I attached to both ends of the ribbon self-adhesive hook-and-loop fastener :-)
Hope you liked my creations today!
Thank you for visiting me!

Hugs,


5 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful- your daughter sure is lucky to have such a talented, creative mommmy!!- and June 20th is a good day- my hubby and I got married on that day :)-
    Thanks for sharing, Gerry!!
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty Gerry! Love what you have done with the dies. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are so awesome so creative beautiful tag's TFS

    I hope you visite me also soon I like it so much when you come !!
    having a great monday

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so sweet and gorgeous, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geweldig Gerry!
    Prachtige foto's van je mooie creaties, ik ga meteen watertanden! :)
    Wat een originele manier om de stans te gebruiken, Sizzix is vast heel blij met je!
    Tot snel!
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete